Sunday, July 15, 2007

seriously loving this

My kids love to eat. Really love to eat. Lucky for me they will eat almost anything. My less than 4 year old will tell anyone who listens that her favorite food is sushi. My 10 1/2 month old has eaten pumpkin ravioli and pork loins. But, they would not eat one thing - baby food. They both went through all of the flavors just long enough to assure me that they did not have any food allergies and then moved onto table food at about 6 1/2 months. With all of that said, a mom is still at a loss for healthy (always a primary goal for us), portable, non-perishable snack food. And then Gerber came to the rescue. That says a lot from a mom who never really bought any of their products (too processed, too many preservatives, salt etc.). This one happens to be the exception. Gerber Graduates mini fruits. "Bite-size, healthy freeze-dried snack" is what it says on the packaging. It come is several flavors
  1. banana pineapple
  2. apple
  3. mango
  4. banana strawberry
  5. sweet corn
It says 12+ months, but that seems silly and likely just in terms of choking (which I can not imagine considering the pencil eraser size pieces).

My little one can not get enough of these. They are almost mess free, healthy (100% fruit, no preservatives, no artificial flavors, no sodium), easy for little fingers and need no refrigeration.
I am in love. To be honest, when I get the munchies, even I like them.

No comments: