Friday, June 20, 2008

Give me a High Five!

Reading is big in my house. It is our end of day downtime and my girls hate to go to bed without it. They are both still at the age where we do most of the reading but my 4 1/2 year old is starting to read. One of her other favorite things is getting mail - her own mail. My parents and family know this and accommodate her often with postcards from their travels. Still nothing compares to when she gets her own magazine in the mail - "just like Mommy" she says. Highlights for kids is great, really great. But now they even have a magazine for the pre-readers called High Five and we love it. She is getting a little old for it but has now decided it it her favorite "read it myself" tool. So now I think we will have to get a subscription to both - one for her to read to us and one for us to read to her.

Order Highlights - http://www.highlights.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=260
Order High Five - http://www.highlights.com/shopping/product/detail2main.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=2116&iProductID=2116

No comments: